Hardball!

Hardball! by Accolade was one of the first baseball games I remember playing a lot. That and Microleague Baseball were two of my favorite games in my middle school years. I'd come home and fire up the Commodore 64 before starting my homework. Hardball has the camera behind the pitcher so it allowed me to move pitches around and have a good time working the hitters. The game was so simple, yet so much fun. Tommy Eueler of the Champs (the blue team) was one of my favorite pitchers. I'd run fastball in to right handed hitters (Tommy is left handed) and then throw screwballs away to get them out. I can't remember if I ever threw a no-hitter or perfect game in Hardball!, but I know I had some 16 and 17 strikeout games. My brother and I eventually took the players off the teams and made likenesses of them in not only Earl Weaver Baseball, but also Front Page Sports Baseball.

Hardball! will always hold a special place in my heart. In fact, that might be the first baseball game my son learns to play on his computer. Might as well start him with a classic his old man loves.

Here are some screenshots of Hardball!